What are the City Council meeting dates and times?
The Dilworth City Council meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month. Meetings are held in the Council Chambers at City Hall located at 2 First Avenue SE at 6:00 p.m.
How do I get on a Council agenda?
Requests to be on a council agenda must be submitted in writing to the City Administrator at cityhall@ci.dilworth.mn.us  
A Citizen’s Concerns request form will need to be filled out and returned to City Hall.
What are the hours of City Hall?
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
How can I reserve the shelter at Whistle Stop Park?
The park shelter is first come first serve.
Do I need to license my dog and cat?
All dogs and cats over the age of six months must be licensed. Licenses can be obtained at City Hall.  All dogs and cats over six months of age must be vaccinated and have proper documentation.
When are the utility meters read by the city?
Utility meters are read between the 22nd and 25th of every month.
When do I get my utility bill?
Utility bills are mailed on or before the 5th of each month and are due the 25th of each month.
Where can I pay my utility bill?
Your utility bills can be paid in one of several ways:
  • By mail to City Hall, P.O. Box 187, Dilworth, MN 56529.
  • Drop it off at the City Hall front desk or in the drop box by the south entrance of City Hall.
  • Auto-pay from your checking account on the 20th of the month.
  • On-line with debit or credit card (see home page quick link).
  • Credit/Debit Card over the phone, (218) 287-2313.
What is the remaining special assessment on my property?
For specific information regarding balances on special assessments to your property, contact the Clay County Auditor’s Office Clay County 3510 12th Avenue South, Moorhead, MN 56560 (218) 299-5006
Do I need a building permit?
Generally building permits are required for the following: new buildings, additions, renovations, demolitions, prefabricated structures, temporary buildings, mobile homes, electrical systems, plumbing systems, HVAC systems (heating, ventilating, air conditioning), miscellaneous for residential (fireplace, pools, decks, sheds, etc.), miscellaneous for commercial (parking, health, food handling, etc.).
Is my property in the flood zone?
The City of Dilworth cannot certify if a property is within or outside of a flood zone.  All flood maps and designation of flood zones are compiled by FEMA. Attached is a link to the FEMA flood map page. https://msc.fema.gov/portal/search?AddressQuery=Dilworth%2C%20MN 
How do I pay for a parking ticket?
Cash/Check – you can pay by cash/check in person at City Hall. Residents may also place payment in an envelope with the ticket and deposit it in the drop box outside the door of City Hall or mail to: P.O. Box 187, Dilworth, MN 56529.
Credit Card – you can pay with credit card at City Hall or over the phone at (218) 287-2313. When paying with a credit card a convenience fee will apply.
How do I pay for a traffic violation?
For traffic violations please call (218) 299-5065
Who do I talk to about MATBUS?
For questions or concerns please contact MATBUS at (701) 241-8140.
How do I report a street light that is in need of repair?
For Red River Valley Co Op Call: 1-800-788-7784
For Xcel Energy call: 1-800-960-6235
What is the snowplow schedule for clearing the streets?
Snow plows are sent to clear the streets whenever the Maintenance Supervisor determines it is necessary or declares a snow emergency. The City regulates parking of vehicles on city streets during the winter snow season (November 1st to April 30th). During a snow emergency, parking on City streets is prohibited until the street is plowed the full width. To find out if a snow emergency has been declared, check the City of Dilworth website or social media pages.